Scanback 1
NATURWISSENSCHAFTLICHES MUSEUM ASCHAFFENBURG

The Museum of Natural Science is situated in the Schönborner Hof, court of a noble family from the 17th century. It includes geology and mineralogy of the region, information on the local environment and special entomological collections.

The Schönborner Hof was built as a residence of the Schönborn family between 1673 and 1678. The family was very prominent in Aschaffenburg, especially during the 17th and 18th century. Two members of the family became archbishops of Mainz and others were governors in Aschaffenburg. The collections of the Museum for Natural Sciences originate from the collections of the royal Bavarian Academy for Foresters and private collections of the 19th century. Most famous is the entomological collection, including one of the greatest collections of bugs. Of special interest is the geological and mineralogical exhibition. The museum also includes a number of dioramas of the local environment. In the right wing of the building you may also find the city archive with a library for regional history and periodic exhibitions.







copyright © museum.com gmbh. all rights reserved.
copyright policy