CATHERINE CLAY & JOHN GARSIDE
The drill hall was opened by the Duke of wellington regiment in 1911 It has now been opened as a military museum dedicated back to the Dukes and the people who served from the colne valley area.It is the story of D.W.R. 33 regiment of foot.The items that are shown have taken 40 years to collect by one man alone.The displays start Waterloo 1815 -Crimea 1855-The boer war 1900-World war 11914-1918 -world war 2 1939-1945 civilian war 1939-1945 -and the small conflicts 1945 1980 . plus many other interesting items.
copyright © museum.com gmbh. all rights reserved.