Neuschwanstein
MUSÉE DES BEAUX-ARTS

Since 1796 the Angers Fine Arts Museum has occupied the Logis Barrault, a 15th-century townhouse and a pearl of Renaissance civil architecture. After closing for five years for renovations and extensions, the museum reopened in 2004.
More spacious and functional, the new museum comprises 3000 square metres of exhibition space in two segments: fine art – 350 paintings and sculptures from the 14th century up until today; and the history of Angers – 550 archaeological items and objets d'art from the Neolithic to the present. Interactive terminals at the entrance offer the visitor a virtual tour of the museum.
New features as well – a 550-square metre temporary exhibitions space, a graphic arts room and an auditorium –allow for heritage exhibitions and a focus on contemporary artists.

Thus, the restoration of the Logis Barrault and the addition of new, multi-level buildings mean an exciting variety of unusual, colourful spaces, with each room offering its own distinctive ambience.

At last, a richly varied cultural programme – talks, live performances, events for children – plus surprise visits by speakers, artists, actors and musicians offers a new kind of museum approach, with an emphasis on the interrelationship between the arts and ease of contact with the exhibits.







copyright © museum.com gmbh. all rights reserved.
copyright policy