The museum owns a specially well selected collection of minerals and geological samples. It covers all local and regional minerals and geological structures, but also includes a great number of minerals from all over Europe and overseas. The collection originally was part of the sample collection of the Bavarian Academy for Forestiers, which was transferred to Munich in 1910. Many of its educational materials became the basis of the Museum of Nature in Aschaffenburg. The collection of course has been consenquently enlarged since 1910. Above a cut and polished agate druse.