The panel painting from 1250 once decorated the high altar of the convent church St. Peter and Alexander in Aschaffenburg. In 1621 it was partly destroyed and used as a floor board in the chapter house. Rediscovered in 1986 during restauration works in the museum building it took 10 years of most difficult conservation works to present it again as a highlight of the museum. The picture shows Christ as judge in the center, accompagnied by St. Mary and St. John the baptist as well as St. Peter and St. Alexander, the main saints of the convent St. Peter and Alexander. The detail shows St. Peter.