Loan of the convent church St. Peter and Alexander
The richly decorated game board from about 1300 is thought to be the oldest surviving game board in Germany. It was manufactured from red jaspis, mountain chrystal and painted clay figures. It was reused as a reliquiary and buried in an altar in the convent church St. Peter and Alexander, where it was found in 1854, the founding year of the city museum. It shows a chess board on one side and a tri-trac board on the other side.