Car 111 adjacent the lake, looking South West towards St Kilda township.
There were 20 of the E type cars assembled in Adelaide in 1910 from components fabricated by JG Brill, Philadelphia, USA, as open combination bogie cars. As built, they had six open cross-bench seats at the no. 1 end, and an enclosed saloon at the no 2 end. In 1936, these cars were converted in type E-1 by enlosing five of the open crossbenches into a saloon with longitudinal seating. These cars operated until 1958.