Städtisches Kramer-Museum Kempen

Burgstraße 19
DE - 47906 Kempen
visit the website


The Städtisches Kramer-Museum was established in 1912 on the ground floor of the former Franciscan monastery, a baroque monastery complex from the 18th century. The museum was based on the small municipal collection, which included the 17th century council jugs, the collection of the Kunst- und Altertumsverein and the donation of the collector and restorer Konrad Kramer. He bequeathed the majority of his holdings of furniture, sacred sculptures, weapons, paintings, pewter, glass and ceramics to the town of Kempen. Through donations, gifts and purchases, the museum collection has been and continues to be expanded, so that today it is a reflection of Lower Rhine domestic culture from the 16th to the beginning of the 20th century.