Originally built in 1877, this house served as a school. It belongs to the city of Coesfeld and is the heart of Lette. It was renovated in 2024. Many clubs meet here, such as the shooting club and the local history society, which has been in existence since 1967.
The Besseler Stube can only be seen from the outside through the large archway in the Fireplace Room. The coffered ceiling was a wedding gift to Franziska Piek from her father, a master carpenter, about 150 years ago. The wall cabinet and the paneling were added later. Franziska and her husband Wilhelm lived at number five in Lette.
Let’s continue upstairs!